- Hot filament method of r.f. glow discharge nitriding of nichrome wire
B.K. Roul, B.B. Nayak, P.K. Mishra and B.C. Mohanty
Materials Manufact. Processes 9(3) (1994) 537.
- Industrial application of plasma in materials processing
Reviews in Modern Physics, March (1994) 185.
- Synthesis of silicon carbide from rice husk in a packed bed arc reactor.
P.K. Mishra, B.B. Nayak and B.C. Mohanty
J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 78(9) (1995) 2381.
- Growth of BN films on Si substrates by carbothermic reduction of boric acid in nitrogen glow discharge plasma
J. Mater. Sci. Lett. 14(5)(1995)337.
- Fine silica powder preparation by use of transferred arc thermal plasma reactor.
P.K. Mishra, B.C. Mohanty and B.B. Nayak
Mater. Lett. 23(1995) 153.
- Synthesis of SiC from rice husk in a dc extended arc plasma reactor.
B.B. Nayak, B.C. Mohanty and S.K. Singh
J. Am. Cer. Soc. 79(5) (1996) 1197
- Formation and surface structure of RF plasma nitrided stainless steel wires
B.K. Roul, P.K. Mishra, B.B. Nayak, S.K. Singh and B.C. Mohanty
J. Mater. Synth. Process. 14 (1996) 315
- Surface hardening of high carbon steel by nitrogen ions of a plasma focus device
T.K. Borthakur, A. Sahu, S.R. Mohanty, B.B. Nayak and B.S. Acharya
Surf. Engg. 15 (1999) 55
- Diamond and diamond like carbon growth on Si (100) by hot filament assisted rf plasma CVD
B.K. Roul, B.B. Nayak, P.K. Mishra and B.C. Mohanty
J. Mater. Synth. Process 7(5) (1999) 281
- Vacancy induced electronic states in sub-stoichiometric V2-xMoxO3*y thin films and powders - a soft x-ray emission study
B.S. Acharya, Rajeev, L.D.Pradhan, B.B. Nayak and P. Mishra
Bull. Mater. Sci. 22 (1999) 981
- DC extended arc plasma nitriding of stainless steel and high carbon steel
A. Sahu, B.B. Nayak, N. Panigrahi, B.S. Acharya and B.C. Mohanty
J. Mater. Sci 35(2000)71
- Molybdenum X-ray emission spectroscopic study of vacancy induced electronic states in V2O5 - MoO3 thin films and powders
B.S. Acharya, Rajeev, L.D. Pradhan, P. Mishra and B.B. Nayak
X-ray Spectrometry , 29 (2000) 279-285
- Surface nitriding of graphite substrate by plasma focus device towards synthesis of carbon nitride coating
B.B. Nayak, B.S. Acharya, S.R. Mohanty, T.K. Borthakur and H. Bhuyan
Surface & Coating Technol. 145(1-3) (2001)8-15
- Production of pig iron and SG iron from iron ore fines by plasma smelting
B.B. Nayak, B.C. Mohanty and R.K. Paramguru
Trans. Indian Inst. Met. 53 (6) (2000) 639
- Arc plasma nitriding of low carbon steel
S.C. Mishra, B.B. Nayak and B.C. Mohanty
Surface & Coating Technol. 145(2001)24-30
- Surface nitriding of titanium in arc plasma
S.C.Mishra, B.B.Nayak, B.C.Mohanty and Ben Mills
J.Mater.Proc.Technol. , 132(2003)143-148
- Enhancement in the microhardness of arc plasma melted tungsten carbide
- In situ deposition of multiphasic carbon composite coating on SiC grain through thermal plasma dissociation of SiC
Surf. Engg. 20(2004)139
- Arc plasma nitriding of graphite surface towards production of a hard carbon nitride case
Surf. Coat. Technol. 201(2006)2639
- Energetic ion irradiation of American diamond in a plasma focus device and
characterization of irradiated material
S.R.Mohanty, N.K.Neog, B.B.Nayak , B.S.Acharya, P.Lee, T.L.Tan & R.S.Rawat
Nucl. Instr. Meth. Phys. Res. B (NIM B) 243(2006)113-118
- A new dimension to x-ray powder diffraction with in situ high temperature measurement
B.S.Acharya, L.D.Pradhan and B.B.Nayak
Advanced X-ray Techniques in Research and Industry (Book), Ed. A.K.Singh
Capital Publishing Co. New Delhi & IOS Press, Amsterdam, 2006, pp.370-386
- Titanium powder from titanium dioxide by molten salt electrolysis: preparation and
characterization P.K.Mishra, J.Mohanty, P.C.Rath, B.B.Nayak and R.K.Paramguru
Trans. Indian Inst. Met. 59(4) (2006)463
- Microstructural studies of nanocrystalline thin films of V2O5-MoO3 using x-ray
diffraction, optical absorption and laser micro Raman spectroscopy
B.S. Acharya and B.B. Nayak
Ind. J. Pure & Appl. Phys. 46(2008)866
- Micro Raman spectroscopy and electron probe micro analysis of graphite
spherulites and flakes in cast iron
S. K. Pradhan, B.B. Nayak, B.K. Mohapatra, B.K. Mishra
Metall. Mater. Trans.A 38(2007)2362
- Self organized transformation to polyaniline nanwires by pulsed energetic electron
irradiation in a plasma focus device
S.R.Mohanty, N.K.Neog, R.S Rawat, P.Lee, B.B.Nayak and B.S.Acharya
Physics Letter A, 2009 (accepted)
- Morphology evolution of Sb2S3 under hydrothermal conditions: Flowerlike
structure to nanorods
J. Ota, P. Roy, S. K. Srivastava, B. B. Nayak and A. K. Saxena
Crystal growth & Design 8(2008)2019
- Micro Raman analysis and AFM imaging of acidithiobacillus ferroxidans bio film grown on uranium ore
N.Pradhan, S.K.Pradhan, B.B.Nayak, P.S.Mukherjee, L.B.Sukla and B.K.Mishra
Research in Microbiology 159(2008)557
- In situ mechanical properties of graphite flakes and spherulites in cast iron
S. K. Pradhan, B. B. Nayak , S. S. Sahay and B. K. Mishra
Carbon, 2009 (accepted)
- High temperature nitriding of grey cast iron in arc plasma heated reactor
B. B. Nayak, O. P. N. Kar, D. Behera and B. K. Mishra
Surf. Engg, 2009 (accepted)
- “Integrated XRD, EPMA and XRF study of ilmenite and titania slag used in pigment production”
S. Samal, B. K. Mohapatra, P.S. Mukherjee and S. K. Chatterjee
Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 474(2009), pp-484-489.
- “Optimization of titanium dioxide rich slag production using statistics based experimental designs in a moving bed plasma reactor”.
S. Samal, K. Krishna Rao & P.S. Mukherjee
Mineral Processing and Extractive Metallurgy (Trans.Inst.Min.Metall. C) (2009) Vol. 118, No. 1, pp-2-9.
- “Thermal Plasma Processing for the Production of Pig Iron from Various Sources”
K. Jayasankar, S. Mohapatra, S. K. Routray, J. L. Gumaste & P. S. Mukherjee
High Temperature Materials and Processes, (Accepted on 29th January 2009).
- “Effect of cerium addition on the microstructure and mechanical propertiers of Al-Zn-Mg-Cu alloy”
A. K. Chaubey, S. Mohapatra, B. Bhoi, J. L. Gumaste, B. K. Mishra & P. S. Mukherjee
Journal Defect and diffusion forum Vol.279(2008) pp-97-103.
- “Statistical modelling studies on leachability of titania-rich slag obtained from plasma melt separation of metallized ilmenite”
S.Samal, K.K. Rao, P.S. Mukherjee and T.K. Mukherjee*
Chemical Engineering Research And Design 86 (2008) 187-191.
- “Effect of processing parameters on production of TiO2 rich slag & iron from metallized ilmenite in a moving bed reactor”.
P.S. Mukherjee, S. Samal & T.K. Mukherjee
Mineral Processing and Extractive Metallurgy (Trans.Inst.Min.Metall. C) vol-115, no-4, pp-224-228,2006.
- “Microstructure & properties of flame sprayed tungsten carbide coatings”,
B. Vamsi Krishna, V. N. Misra, P. S. Mukherjee and Puneet Sharma.
International Journal of Refractory Metals & Hard Materials, Vol.20/5-6 pp.-355-374, Nov. 2002
- Characterization of spray pyrolysed Cds thin films dopped with cu”
S. Mathew, P. S. Mukherjee and K.P. Vijaykumar.
Jap. J. Appl. Phys., 34(2A), 4940, 1995.
- “Sol gel alumina substrate for tin oxide coatings”
Peter Koshy, P.S. Mukherjee, K.G.K. Warrier and V.K. Vaidyan.
J. Mat. Sci. Lett., 14, 440, 1995.
- “High temperature thermal plasma graphitisation of calcined petroleum coke”
J.L. Gumaste, S.K. Singh, P.S. Mukherjee, R.K Galgali and B.K Mishra
Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals, Vol. 60. No.4. August 2007, pp.393-397.
- “ Upgradation of ilmenite to synthetic rutile development of technologies tailormade to Indian resources”
K. Harikrishna Bhat, M. E. K. Janaki, S. Velusamy, S. Sasibhushanan, P. S. Mukherjee and P.N. Mohan Das
Metals Materials And Processes, 2006, Vol.18, No.3-4, pp.225-238. Meshap Science Publishers, Mumbai, India.
- “Leachability studies on titania rich slag obtained from plasma melt separation of metallized ilmenite”
P. S. Mukherjee, S. Samal, P. Chattopadhyay & T. K. Mukherjee
Indian Chemical Engineer, Section A Vol.48, No.2, April-June 2006 pp.103-106.
- “Catalyst Assisted Graphitisation of Calcined Petroleum Coke (CPC) in An Extended Argon Arc Plasma Reactor (EAAPR)”
J.L. Gumaste, S.K. Singh, R.K.Galgali & P. S. Mukherjee
Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals, Vol.59, No.4,August-2006, pp.497-502.
- “In-flight thermal plasma processing of pre-reduced ilmenite”
P.S. Mukherjee, S. Samal & T.K. Mukherjee
Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals, Vol.59, No.3, June 2006, pp.353-358.
- “A New Approach for reducing energy consumption in thermal plasma processing of materials in a moving bed reactor”,
P.S. Mukherjee, T.K.Mukherjee1 and V.N.Misra
Transactions of the Indian Institute of metals, Vol.57, No.1, February 2004, pp.71-77.
- “Melt Separation of Titania-rich Slag and Pig Iron from Pre-reduced ilmenite using Thermal Plasma”,
P. S. Mukherjee, S. K. Choudhury, V. N. Mishra & P. N. Mohan Das.
Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals, Vol 55, No. 6 Dec. 2002 pp. 543-550.
- “XRD & SEM studies of reactivity deposited tin oxide thin films”
Johy T Abroaham, Peter Koshy, V.K. Vaidyan, P.S. Mukherjee, P. Guruswamy and L. Prasannakumari.
Bull. Mat. Sci. 18(5), 557,1995.
- “Preparation and characterization of Indium oxide thin films”.
K.G. Gopachandran, Joshy T. Abraham, V.K. Vaidyan and P.S. Mukherjee.
IVS Bulletin 26, 25, 1995.
- Studies on the preparation of ferro- manganese by plasma smelting of Manganese ore, R.K.Galgali, S.Bhattachargee, J.L.Gumaste and B.C. Mohanty etal. Indian Foundry Journal 1997, pp. 24-29.
- Thermal decomposition of molybdenite in a plasma reactor and preparation of ferro-molybdenum , R.K. Galgali, S. Bhattachrgee, N. Pattanaik and J.L. Gumaste Transaction of Indian Institute of Metals vol 52 No 5, 1999, pp 289-298
- Production of high aspect ratio silicon carbide fibers by thermal plasma method, J.L.Gumaste, S. K.Singh, P.K Sahoo and B.C. Mohanty Transaction of Indian Ceramic Society Vol 59 (1) Jan 2000 pp16-18.
- Thermal plasma synthesis of titanium carbide, J.L.Gumaste, S.K. Singh, P.K. Sahoo and B.C. Mohanty Transaction of Indian Institute of Metals, Vol.13 No6. 2000. pp 643-645
- Catalyst assisted graphitisation of calcined petroleum coke (cpc) in an extended argon arc plasma reactor (EAAPR), J.L. Gumaste S. K. Singh, R. K Galgali and P.S. Mukherjee Trans Ind Inst Met,Vol 59, No 4 (2006), pp-497-502
- High temperature Thermal Plasma graphitization of Calcined Petroleum Coke, J.L. Gumaste, S.K. Singh P.S. Mukherjee, , R.K Galgali and B.K Mishra, Trans Ind Inst Met Vol.60No 4 (2007) 393-397
- Ferro alloys by plasma, R.K.Galgali , U Syamaprasd, B.C.Mohanty, J .L.Gumaste , S.K.Singh B.B.Nayak and P.K.Jena, Proc Of National Seminar on ferroalloys Feb 25-26 (1989) pp79-84
- Fe-Al-C structural and magnetic alloys prepared by plasma, B.B.Nayak, S.C.Mishra, , S.K.Singh, J.L. Gumaste, B.C. Mohanty, R.K.Galgali, U . Syamaprasd,S Bhattacharjee and P.K.Jena, 9 th International Symposoum onOn Plasma ( ISPC-9)Chemistry, Pugnchiuso,Itly, Sept, 4-8,1989, VolII p1719-1725
- S.G Iron production by plasma smelting of blue dust, B.C. Mohanty R.K.Galgali, J.L. Gumaste, U. Syamaprasd, B.B.Nayak, S.K.Singh, S.C.Mishra, S Bhattacharjee and P.K.Jena, 9 th International Symposoum onOn Plasma ( ISPC-9)Chemistry, Pugnchiuso,Itly, Sept, 4-8,1989, VolII p1736-1742
- Partial simulation of smelting reduction process in plasma reactor, R.K.Galgali, B.C. Mohanty, J.L.Gumaste , P Dutta, H.S.Ray , A.K.Ray , B.B.agarwal , N.Shivaramkrshna, A.K.Ray, SPS Sabarawal and K.K.Prasad, Proc National conf, on production of liquid iron using coal, ( 1994)259 267
- Utilization of rice husk ash for preparation of silicon carbide, B.C. Mohanty, S.K. Singh, P.K. Mishra, K.N. Jena, P.K. Sahoo, J.L. Gumaste, S. Adak and K.K. Jena Proceedings of Energy , Environment and Resource development (ENRED) Allied Publishers, New Delhi, (1995), pp.175-178
- Thermal plasma synthesis of TiC from synthetic titanium dioxide and activated carbon, J.L. Gumaste, S.K Singh, P.K.Sahoo and B.C. Mohanty, CD Vol ; on Chemicon (1999)
- Plasma synthesis of silicon nitride powder, S.K Singh, K.N.Jena, P.S. Mukhargee J.L. Gumaste and B.C. Mohanty, Proc. of Intl seminar on non ferrous minerals and metals. 18-19 Feb (1999 )
- Plasma smelting of Dongri Buzurg Manganese Ore, R.K.Galgali, J.L.Gumaste and S.Bhattacharjee, Proc , RETMEM(1999)pp 174-179
- Plasma processing of refractory aggregates, P.S.Mukherjee, R.K.Galgali, J.L. Gumaste, & B,.Mukherjee,A Gosh, H.S. Tripathi,H.S. Maiti 7 th International Refractories Congress (2008), 212 -215
- DC Thermal Plasma Reactor for Materials P, Sarama Bhattacharjee, R.K.Galgali and K.Jayasankar, High temperature materials and processes, Vol: 37, Issue No. 3, Pg NO: 151-159, (2008).
- Thermal Plasma Processing for the Production of Pig Iron From Various Sources K.Jayasankar*, S. Mohapatra, S.K.Routray, J.L.Gumaste and P.S.Mukherjee, High temperature materials and processes (2008) Accepted.
- An improved process for the production of fused tungsten carbide (1995)
B.C. Mohanty, S.K. Singh, P.K. Mishra, P.K. Sahoo, S. Adak, B.B. Nayak and P.S. Mukherjee (0283/DEL/95)
- A process for producing pig iron and SG iron directly from blue dust using a plasma furnace (1997)
B.B. Nayak, B.C. Mohanty, K.C. Das and S.K. Mukherjee (0891/DEL/97)
- A process for production of mixed carbide of silicon and iron from fly ash (1997)
B.B. Nayak, B.S. Acharya and B.C. Mohanty (0284/DEL/97)
- A process for production of SiAlON from fly ash in thermal plasma (2001)
B.B. Nayak, B.C. Mohanty and B.S. Acharya (0233/DEL/2001)
- A process for preparation of ??SiAlON by carbothermal nitridation of SiO2+Al2O3 mixture in thermal plasma (2001)
B.B.Nayak and J.L.Gumaste (RRL No. 310/2001, dtd. 06/08/2001)
- A process for producing hard ferrite from plasma heat affected blue dust
iron ore (2001)
B.B. Nayak, B.C. Mohanty, J.L.Gumaste,B.S.Acharya,S.K.Mukherjee and N.Prasad (IPMD No. 436/NF/2001, dtd. 05.10.2001))
- A process for producing iron carbide from iron ore slime in thermal plasma (2002)
B.B.Nayak and S.K.Mukherjee (IPMD No.357/NF/2002, dtd. 31.07.2002)
- A process for producing SG iron from beneficiated iron ore slime concentrate
using a plasma furnace (2002)
B.B.Nayak (IPMD No. 386/NF/2002, dtd. 22.08.2002)
- A process for depositing hard diamond like carbon coating on silicon carbide
grains by thermal plasma (2003)
B.B.Nayak (IPMD No.146/NF/2003/IN, dtd.16.03.2004)
- Jet-wheel impact atomizer for spray drying
B.B.Nayak & H.K.Tripathy (Filed, Ref.No. 0372NF2005/IN, dtd. 17.02.2006)
- A process for producing free flowing spray dried alumina powder
B.B.Nayak, P.K.Mishra & B.S.Acharya (Filed, Ref.No. 0371NF2005/IN, dtd. 15.02.2006)
- An improved process for the preparation of titanium metal by direct reduction
of its oxide
R.K.Paramguru, P.C.Rath, T.Subbaiah, P.Mishra, B.B.Nayak & J.Mohanty (Sent to CSIR in March, 2007 for Indian patent filing)
- Jet-wheel impact atomizer for spray drying and a process for the preparation of
finely dispersed spray of slurry /liquid
B.B.Nayak, P.K.Mishra, H.K.Tripathy , B.S.Acharya Indian Patent filed in India on 15 March, 2005 ( Ref. No. 0371NF2005/IN & 0372NF2005/IN) International Patent Application No. PCT / IN2007 / 000070, Filing date: 21.2.2007, Priority date: 21.2.2006 US Patent Application No. 11 / 709,326, Filing date: 21.2.2007 Priority date: 21.2.2006 European Patent filed (0372NF2005/EP), Filing date: 18.9.2008, Application No. 07713407 Norway Patent filed (0372NF2005/NO), Filing date: 19.9.2008, Application No. 20084000
- A process for producing niobium metal by carbothermic reduction of its oxide in
arc plasma reactor
B.B.Nayak, P.S.Mukherjee, B.K.Mishra and S.Pradhan (Filed, Ref.No. 0181NF2008/IN)