Dr.(Ms.) Kadambini Sarangi, Chief Scientist retd. 9861471034, firstname.lastname@example.org ,
She obtained her Ph. D. degree in Science (Chemistry) from the Utkal University, Bhubaneswar in the year 1990 and joined as Scientist-B in Central Salt and Marine Chemicals Research Institute, Bhavnagar in 1991. Then she transferred from CSMCRI, Bhavnagar to CSIR-IMMT, Bhubaneswar in 1997 and joined in Hydro & Electrometallurgy Department. Some of her major research activities are: Separation of metal values from polymetallic manganese nodule using both supported liquid membrane, hollow fiber membrane and solvent extraction; Separation of metal values from mixed sulphate and chloride leach of the matte obtained after reduction smelting of the Pacific Ocean manganese nodule followed by sulphidisation; Removal of Ru from chloride solution using hollow fiber non dispersive extraction method; Removal of oxalates from Bayer liquor; Leaching of low-grade iron ore tailings and extraction of pure iron from the leach liquor by solvent extraction followed by stripping of the loaded organic phase; Extraction of Fe, Al, Ni, Mn, Zn and Cr from the bacteria leach liquor (pH 1.3) of chromite overburden of Sukinda Mines, Odisha; Separation of Cu from the low grade chalcopyrite ore; Recovery of nickel, arsenic and copper along with other minor impurities such as Sb and Bi from the bleed solution obtained from liberated cells of M/s Hindalco Industries Ltd.; Recovery of Cu for Mawarid Mining which is operating a copper mine at Shinas, located about 300Km North west of Muscat in the sultanate of Oman; Separation of rare earth elements (Nd, Pr, Dy, Sc, Ce), Ru, Mo and V using solvent extraction/hollow fiber membrane; Water purification by Reverse Osmosis, Electrodialysis, Ultra filtration, Electro Oxidation and Pot Chlorination etc.; Enrichment of ammonium sulphate by RO and electrodialysis.EXPERIENCE :
AREA OF INTEREST :
- 1990-191 Lecturer.
- 1991-1996 Scientist B.
- 1996-2001 Scientist C.
- 2001-2007 Scientist EI.
- 2008-2012 Pr.Scientist.
- 2013 onwards Sr.Pr.Scientist.
RECENT PUBLICATIONS :
- Membrane Technology (Supported liquid membrane, hollow fiber membrane, reverse osmosis , nano filtration, ultra filtraion.
- Solvent Extraction.
- Bibhuti Bhusan Mishra, Niharbala Devi, ?Kadambini Sarangi, Yttrium and
europium recycling from phosphor powder of waste tube light by combined
route of hydrometallurgy and chemical reduction, Minerals Engineering
136 (2019) 43–49
- K. Sahoo, A.K. Nayak, M.K. Ghosh, K. Sarangi, Preparation of Sm2O3 and Co3O4 from SmCo magnet swarf by hydrometallurgical processing in chloride media, Journal of Rare Earth, In Press- accepted Manuscript, Available online 13 March 2018, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jre.2017.12.011.
- E.Padhan and K.Sarangi, Solvent extraction of praseodymium using different extractants–a synergistic study. Separation Science and Technology, 53(2)(2018)295-302.
- E.Padhan, A.K. Nayak and K.Sarangi, Recovery of neodymium and dysprosium from NdFeB magnet swarf. Hydrometallurgy 174(2017) 210-215.
- J. Panigrahi, P.C. Rout, B. Garnaik & K. Sarangi (2017): A hydrometallurgical process for the recovery of metal values from spent Cu–Cr catalyst, Mineral Processing andExtractive Metallurgy.
- E. Padhan and K. sarangi, Recovery of Nd and Pr from NdFeB magnet leachates with bi-functional ionic liquids based on Aliquat 336 and Cyanex 272, Hydrometallurgy 167(2017)134-140.
- P.K. Parhi, T.R. Sethy, P.C. Rout & K. Sarangi, Separation and recovery of neodymium and praseodymium from permanent magnet scrap through hydrometallurgical route, Separation Science and Technology, 51(13)(2016) 2232-2241.
- Sandeep Panda, Geetanjali Mishra, Chinmaya Kumar Sarangi, Kali Sanjay,Tondepu Subbaiah, Subir Kumar Das, Kadambini Sarangi, Malay Kumar Ghosh, Nilotpala Pradhan, Barada Kanta Mishra, Reactor and column leaching studies for extraction of copper from two low grade resources: A comparative study, Hydrometallurgy,165,11-117, 2016.
- R. K. Mishra, P.C. Rout, K. Sarangi and K.C. Nathsarma, Solvent extraction of zinc, manganese, cobalt and nickel from nickel laterite bacteria leach liquor using sodium salts of TOPS-99 and Cyanex 272. Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Socirty of China. 26(2016)301-309.
- Pradeep C. Rout and Kadambini Sarangi, Comparison of hollow ?ber membrane and solvent extraction techniques for extraction of cerium and preparation of ceria by stripping precipitation, J ChemTechnol Biotechnol, 90(2015)1270-1280.
- Eliza Padhana and Kadambini Sarangi, Solvent extraction of Nd using organo-phosphorus extractants from chloridemedia, J ChemTechnol Biotechnol, 90(2015)1869-1875.
- P. K. Parhi, T.R. Sethy, P.C. Rout, K. Sarangi, Selective dissolution of copper from copper-chromium spent catalyst by baking–leaching process, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry 21 (2015) 604–609.
- Singdevsachan, SK (Singdevsachan, Sameer Kumar) ; Patra, JK (Patra, Jayanta Kumar) ; Tayung, K (Tayung, Kumanand); Sarangi, K (Sarangi, Kadambini); Thatoi, H (Thatoi, Hrudayanath), Evaluation of nutritional and nutraceutical potentials of three wild edible mushrooms from Similipal Biosphere Reserve, Odisha, India, Journal Fur Verbraucherschutz und Lebensmittelsicherheit-Journal of Consumer Protection and Food Safety, 9 (2)(2014)111-120.
- G. Barik, E. Padhan, B. Dash, K. Sarangi, T. Subbaiah, Preparation of layered nickel aluminium double hydroxide from waste solution of nickel, Minerals Engineering 69 (2014) 107–112.
- E. Padhan, K.Sarangi ,Separation of molybdenum and cobalt from spent catalyst using Cyanex 272 and Cyanex 301, International Journal of Mineral Processing 127 (2014) 52–61.
- P.C. Rout and K.Sarangi, Separation of vanadium using both hollow fiber membrane and solvent extraction technique – A comparative study, Separation and Purification Technology, Volume 122, 10 February 2014, Pages 270–277.
- Samita Panigrahi, Tukuni Dash, K.C. Nathsarma and K. Sarangi, Extraction of ruthenium using both tertiary and quarternary amine using from chloride media. Separation Science and Technology. 49,545-552, 2014.
- E. Padhan, K. Sarangi, T. Subbaiah, Recovery of manganese and nickel from polymetallic manganese nodule using commercial extractants, International Journal of Mineral Processing, Volume 126, 10 January 2014, Pages 55-61.
- P. Patnaik, A. A. Baba, K. C. Nathsarma, K. Sarangi, T. Subbaiah, Separation of iron and zinc from manganese nodule leach liquor using TBP as extractant Mineral Processing and Extractive Metallurgy (Trans. Inst. Min. Metall. C) 2013 122(3) (2013)179 -185.
- B. C. Behera, , R. R. Mishra, , J. K. Patra, K. Sarangi, S. K. Dutta and H. N. Thatoi, Impact of heavy metals on bacterial communities from mangrove soils of the Mahanadi Delta (India), Chemistry and Ecology, 2013.
- P. K. Parhi, S. Mohanty and K. Sarangi, Experimental Studies and Parameter Optimization of Separation of Copper Using Hollow Fiber Supported Liquid Membrane ,Chemical Engineering Communication, 200:9, 1237-1250(2013).
- G. Barik, K.C. Nathsarma and K. Sarangi, Recovery of Copper from a Waste Heat Boiler Dust Leach Liquor Using LIX 84I and LIX 622N, Solvent Extraction and Ion Exchange,31(2)(2013)198-209.
- P. C. Rout and K. Sarangi, A Comparative Study on Extraction of Mo(VI) Using Both Solvent Extraction and Hollow Fiber Membrane Technique, Hydrometallurgy, 133(2013)149-155.
- K. C. Nathsarma, P. C. Rout and K. Sarangi, Manganese precipitation kinetics and cobalt adsorption on MnO2 from the ammoniacal ammonium sulphate leach liquor of Indian Ocean manganese nodule, Hydrometallurgy, 133( 2013) 133-138.
- Parhi, P.K.; Sarangi, K.; Mohanty, S., Process optimization and extraction of nickel by hollow fiber membrane using response surface methodology, Minerals & Metallurgical Processing, 2012, Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 225-230.
- A.O. Adebayo and K. Sarangi, Separation of zinc from lean sphalerite leached liquor in nitrate medium with D2EHPA using supported liquid membrane, Mineral Processing and Extractive Metallurgy (Trans. Inst. Min. Metall. C) 121(2)(2012)93-97.
PROJECTS WORKED ON :
- P.Mishra,K.Sarangi and R.P.Das, patent on “A process for removal of oxalates from Bayer’s liquor”,Appln.No. 1213DEL 2000 dated 26/12/2000, Granted : 244026, 15/11/2010.
- Metal Recovery from polymetallic nodule: Technology Development in Extractive metallurgy
technology for separation/recovery of heavy metals (Cr, Ni, Zn) from
industrial waste water: Mathematical modeling and process development
- Production of Sm2O3 and Co3O4 from SmCo permanent magnet scrap
- Separation of Heavy Rare Earths (HREs) from RE Chloride Solution
- CSIR integrated skill development programme: FY 2018-20
- Sustainable technologies for the utilization of rare earths (SURE)
- Potasic fertilizer technology to empower the nation.
- Process development for the recovery and extraction of Nb and Ta from carbonatites of Sevattur deposit, Tamil Nadu
- Feasibility studies to recover Mn metal from low grade Mn ore.
strategy or value-added utilization of iron/manganese ore tailing/ low
grade ore: evaluation of energy storage capacities
- Recovery of alumina from fly ash
- Recycling of Lithium ion batteries
- An investigation on recovery of alumina in Nalco fly ash through pyro/ hydrometallurgical and bio-processing methods
- Nickel recovery from refinery electrolyte (Phase- II
- Recovery of Tellurium powder from anode slime
- Recovery of copper and tellurium from secondary raw material
- Metallurgical test work on recovery of Cu from leach residue
- Centre for Special Material : Bio-specific aqueous separation of metallic elements
- Development of advanced eco-friendly energy efficient process for utilization of iron ore resources of India (NWP-31)
- Laboratory testing of copper oxide ore, Oman
- Waste to wealth through Hydro & electrometallurgical processing