Dr. Bikash Kumar Jena, Principal Scientist 9438416008, email@example.com , https://www.bikashkjena.com/
Dr. Jena received his Ph.D. from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. He got his post-doctoral experience from University of Washington, USA. He visited Technical University of Munich, Germany as visiting scientist. Dr. Jena joined at colloids and materials chemistry department, CSIR-IMMT in 2007 (December) as Scientist and has been undertaking research independently on interdisciplinary field of research in materials science that would have a strong direct impact to the scientific society as well as the common man. In particular, new and easy synthetic routes has been developed to produce metal nanoparticles, carbon based quantum dots, nanodots, graphene, graphene-metal/metal oxide hybrid materials which are applied for a lot of promising application in sensing, biosensing, electrocatalysis, energy conversion and storage. He has published 67 papers in international journals of high impact, 43 papers in national and international conferences, 2 patents and 5 book chapters. His work has received 3300 and above citations with h index of 30. His research work has been highlighted as coverpage of the journals, Nature India news and India Today Magazine. 5 Ph.D. has been awarded under the supervision of Dr. Jena. He has executed 10 projects (MNRE, BRNS, CSIR-HRDG, CSIR, NALCO, SERB) as principal investigator and 10 projects as Co-Investigator and Member. He has been conferred with many prestigious young scientist awards from CSIR, NASI,Indian Society for Electroanalytical Chemistry, Odisha Bigyan Academy, Indian science congress association and Orissa chemical society. He is actively engaged as reviewer for many RSC, Wiley, and ACS journals and is a member of the editorial board of the ISRN Analytical Chemistry, Current Catalysis (Bentham Science Publishers).EXPERIENCE :
AREA OF INTEREST :
- Ph.D.: Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, INDIA.
- Post Doc: Department of Chemistry, University of Washington, USA.
- Visiting Scientist: Technical University of Munich, Germany.
- Scientist: (Continuing ) Colloids & Materials Chemistry Department, Institute of Minerals & Materials Technology (CSIR), Bhubaneswar, India.
AWARDS & HONOURS :
- Synthesis of metal/ metal oxides/sulphides/phosphides materials, carbon
based materials (graphene, carbon quantum dots);
- Study on electrochemical
- Electrochemical energy conversion and storage applications;
- Electrochemical splitting of water to clean energy;
Conversion of CO2 to valuable product;
Coatings on metal substrates
RECENT PUBLICATIONS :
- Bronze Medal-The Chemical Research Society of India (CRSI)-(Selected for 2021)
- NASI Young Scientist Platinum Jubilee Award-The National Academy of Sciences, India (NASI)-2014.
- Indian Society for ElectroAnalytical Chemistry Young Scientist Award-2013.
- CSIR Young Scientist Award (Chemical Sciences)-2011.
- Young Scientist Award-Odisha Bigyan Academy-2013.
- Young scientist award, Indian Science Congress Association-2009.
- Young Scientist award, Orissa Chemical Society-2008.
- B. Mohanty, Y, Wei, M. Ghorbani-Asl, P. Rajput A. V. Krasheninnikov, Bikash Kumar Jena* “Revealing the defect-dominated oxygen evolution activity of hematene” J. Mater. Chem. A 2020, 8, 6709-6716
- S. Mondal, B Mohanty, M. Nurhuda, S. Dalapati, M. Addicoat, Bikash Kumar Jena,* Asim Bhaumik* “Thiadiazole Based Covalent Organic Framework: Metal-free Electrocatalyst towards Oxygen Evolution Reaction” ACS Catalysis 2020, 10, 5623–5630.
- P. Guha, B. Mohanty, R. Thapa, P. V. Satyam, and Bikash Kumar Jena,* “Defects Engineered MoO2 Nanostructures as an Efficient Electrocatalyst for Oxygen Evolution Reaction” ACS Applied Energy Materials 2020 (Article ASAP, Publication Date: May 4, 2020
- S. Kamila, K. Manikandan, B. Chakraborty, Bikash Kumar Jena* “Role of Iodine on HI treated flexible reduced graphene oxide film for enhancement of supercapacitance properties: Experimental with insight from DFT Simulations” New Journal of Chemistry, 2020, 44, 1418-1425
- B. Mohanty, Bikash Kumar Jena*, S. Basu* “Single Atom on the 2D Matrix: An Emerging Electrocatalyst for Energy Applications” ACS Omega 2020, 5,1287-1295
- S. Kamila, B. Chakraborty, S. Basu, Bikash Kumar Jena* “Combined Experimental and Theoretical Insights into Energy Storage Applications of a VO2(D)–Graphene Hybrid” J. Phys. Chem. C 2019, 123, 24280-24288.
- 57. S, K. Das, S. C. Sahu, A. Ghosh, S. Basu, B. Chakraborty, and Bikash Kumar Jena* “The experimental and theoretical insights towards the CO induced Pd-Graphene and their multifunctional energy conversion applications” Carbon 2019, 149, 307-317.
- P. Bhanja, B. Mohanty, A. K. Patra, S. Ghosh, Bikash Kumar Jena* Asim Bhaumik “IrO2 and Pt doped mesoporous SnO2 nanospheres as efficient electrocatalysts for the facile OER and HER” ChemCatChem 2019, 11, 583-592
- U. Kayal, B. Mohanty, P. Bhanja, D. Chandra, M. Hara, Bikash Kumar Jena* and Asim Bhaumik “Ag NPs decorated ordered mesoporous silica as an efficient electrocatalyst for alkaline water oxidation reaction” Dalton Transactions 2019, 48, 2220-2227.
- B. Mohanty, M. Ghorbani-Asl, S. Kretschmer, A. Ghosh, P. Guha, S. K. Panda, B. Jena, A. V. Krasheninnikov, Bikash Kumar Jena* “MoS2 Quantum Dots as an Efficient Catalyst Material for Oxygen Evolution Reaction” ACS Catalysis 2018, 8, 1683-1689.
- A. K. Samantara, S. Kamila, A. Ghosh, Bikash Kumar Jena*, “Highly Ordered 1D NiCo2O4Nanorods on Graphene: An Efficient Dual-functional Hybrid Materials for Electrochemical Energy Conversion and Storage Applications”ElectrochimicaActa, 2018, 264, 147-157.
- A. Dutta, S. Mutyala, A. K. Samantara, S. Bera, Bikas Kumar Jena* and NarayanPradhan* Synergistic Effect of Inactive Iron Oxide Core on Active Nickel Phosphide Shell for Unprecedented Enhancement in the OER Activity ACS Energy Lett. 2018, 3, 141-148.
- S. Kamila, B. Mohanty, A. K. Samantara, P. Guha, A. Ghosh, B. L. Jena, P. V. Satyam, B. K. Mishra, Bikash Kumar Jena* “Highly Active 2D Layered MoS2-rGO Hybrids for Energy Conversion and Storage Applications” Scientific Reports, 2017, 7, 8378.
- S. Ratha, A. K. Samantara, K. K. Sinha, A. S. Gangan, B. Chakraborty, Bikash Kumar Jena,* C. S. Rout “Urea-assisted Room Temperature Stabilized Metastable ß-NiMoO4: Experimental and Theoretical Insights into its Unique Bi-functional Activity towards Oxygen Evolution and Supercapacitor” ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2017, 9, 9640-9653.
- A. Dutta, A. K. Samantara, S. K. Dutta, Bikash Kumar Jena,* and N. Pradhan “Surface-Oxidized Dicobalt Phosphide Nanoneedles as a Nonprecious, Durable, and Efficient OER Catalyst” ACS Energy Letters. 2016, 1, 169–174.
- T. K. Behera, S. C. Sahu, B. Satpati, B. Bag, K. Sanjay, and Bikash Kumar Jena,* “Branched Platinum Nanostructures on Reduced Graphene: An excellent Transducer for Nonenzymatic Sensing of Hydrogen Peroxide and Biosensing of Xanthine” ElectrochimicaActa, 2016, 206, 238-245.
- A. K. Samantara, S. Maji, A. Ghosh, B. Bag, R. Dash, Bikash Kumar Jena,* “Good’s Buffer Derived Highly Emissive Carbon Quantum Dots: Excellent Biocompatible Anticancer Drug Carrier” J. Mater. Chem. B, 2016,4, 2412-2420.
- A. Dutta, A. K. Samantara, S. D. Adhikari, Bikash Kumar Jena,* and N. Pradhan “Au Nanowires Striped Cu3P Platelet Photoelectrocatalysts” J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 2016, 7, 1077–1082.
- A. K. Samantara, S. C. Sahu, A. Ghosh and Bikash Kumar Jena* “Sandwiched graphene with nitrogen, sulphur co-doped CQDs: an efficient metal-free material for energy storage and conversion applications” J. Mater. Chem. A, 2015,3, 16961–16970.
- S. C. Sahu, B. Satpati, L. Besra and Bikash Kumar Jena* “A Bifunctional Nanoelectrocatalyst Based on Flower-like Au/Pd Bimetallic Alloy Nanostructure and Its Graphene Hybrid” ChemCatChem, 2015, 7,4042–4049.
PROJECTS WORKED ON :
- B. K. Jena and C. Retna Raj “Ultra-sensitive Simultaneous Electrochemical Determination of Arsenic, Mercury and Copper.” US patent (US 8568825B2, Date of Patent Oct 29, 2013).
- B. K. Jena and C. Retna Raj“Metal nanoparticle based sensors for hydrogen peroxide, uric acid and cholesterol and the preparation thereof”: Filed-Indian (Ref : No. 36/KOL/2010).