Human Resource Department aims at promoting professional human resource management at various levels of staff in the Institute, and at the same time cater to the needs of the society through its Scientific Social Responsibility programme. It constantly interacts and coordinates with HRD-CSIR for various activities of the institute.
The HRD Department has following wings with specific assignment :
- Admission of Ph.D. students to AcSIR, with its Headquarter at New Delhi, through written test and/or interviews to carry out cutting edge research in the area of mineral processing, process metallurgy, advanced materials development and environmental sustainability.
- Provide high quality teaching and research in the broad areas of Physical, Chemical, Biological and Engineering sciences for the Ph.D. students registered under AcSIR.
Training and Dissertation
- Assessing institute?s specific training needs and designing, developing & organizing training programmes to meet these training needs;
- Managing/organizing linkages/networking with other organizations/agencies/ academic institutions for HR development;
- Organizing customized/sponsored vocational/professional/educational training and internship programme;
- Organize short term theory cum hands-on training courses for students, entrepreneur, faculty, industry personnel for enhancing their technical skills in handling and analysing various sophisticated analytical and characterization instruments, machining tools, computer networking etc., to improve their employability.
- Connect to Kendriya Vidyalaya students and teachers by organizing visits to the institute and demonstrating live experiments, visit of scientists to the Kendra Vidyalaya, organizing seminar and science exhibitions, setting up tinkering laboratories, organizing popular lectures, mentoring students for science based projects etc.
- Co-ordinate and conduct Joint CSIR UGC-NET examination for JRF and LS at the Bhubaneswar Centre.
Recruitment and Assessment
- Defining/developing institute?s HR vision, objectives & goals;
- Maintaining database of institute's existing HR and working out a plan of current / future HR requirements of the institute;
- Analyzing role and jobs to determine tasks, duties & responsibilities for each level of staff.